A discussion with women entrepreneurs and investors about founding and funding venture capital backed companies.
We believe that more women check writers will translate to more women entrepreneurs getting funded and ultimately, to a more equitable dispersion of opportunity and intergenerational wealth creation across our communities.
Whether you are a seasoned angel investor willing to share your experiences or you are just dipping your toe in the water, we welcome you to join us for this discussion.
Speakers will include:
- Cheryl Beninga, Co-Founder FourthWave, Managing Partner Wai-Mohala Ventures
- Camille Richman, Co-founder of Hamama
- Janine Yancey, Founder & CEO of Emtrain
- Debs Simpson, Chairman and Founder at Gatekeeper Innovation
- Margaret Wong, President and CEO of McWong International
- Monique Brown, Cofounder of the Growth Factory
- 8:30am – Continental Breakfast & Connection time
- 9:00am – Interactive Discussion & Q&A
- 9:30am – Additional connection time
- 10:00am – Wrap
Space is graciously provided by Bunker Wilson, LLC. Event to be held within the lounge located on the second floor.
The Sacramento Valley chapter of NAWBO was chartered in 1987. Our Chapter is the region’s premier organization and voice for women business owners and is affiliated with a number of the area’s business and community organizations.
FourthWave is an accelerator for women-led technology businesses. Our inaugural Sacramento program launched in 2017, and in 2020 we stepped into a strategic partnership with the esteemed Carlsen Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Sacramento State. FourthWave is committed to changing the narrative around gender equity, and we believe a core part of the story is seen through an economic lens. We envision a world where women-identified founders receive 50% of investor funds.
About The Growth Factory
The Growth Factory is a startup accelerator with an accompanying venture fund creating a “Backyard Advantage” by rallying the corporate, civic, and community leaders of Sacramento in support of local founders who are building world-class innovative companies solving critical challenges right here in our region.